Friday, April 8, 2011

WATERING YOUR BODY

The Zen of Watering Plants
Daily Inspiration
John H. Sklare, Ed.D
Published February 22, 2008

I’m babysitting a friend’s plants while she is away for a few weeks.  That’s a rather risky responsibility for anyone to ask me to take on because I don’t exactly have a green thumb.  But being fully aware of the peril to her plants, she decided to leave them with me anyway.  I had a rather interesting thought while I was tending to them the other morning (by tending I mean that my only responsibility is to keep them hydrated and to pick off any brown ends.)  My secret ultimate goal, however, is simply not to kill them before she returns.  

Anyway, if you’re like me, you’re not very good at knowing when to water.  I tend to agonize over how much to give the plant every time.  So there I was trying to decide whether I had watered too much or too little when it occurred to me how much this all related to over-eating and weight control.  My thoughts wandered off to the following notion:  If you thought about your body’s need for food in the same way you consider your plants’ need for water, you would be a lot more mindful of how much you eat.  So my challenge for you today is to think about the way you currently treat and feed your body.  With that said, when it’s meal time later today, think of your body as a plant that needs water.  Would you consciously and purposely over-water your plants?  I think not!    
   
Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare

MY THOUGHTS

So are you a dying plant?  Is it lack of water or too much water?

No comments:

Post a Comment